Q: Turn signal comes off ocassionally - 2000 BMW 328Ci

I have an intermittent problem with the turn signal on the driver's side. It would sometimes turn off by itself. It usually works when I start the car. However, during the driving, the turn signal would quit working. I had the bulb replaced but it didn't solve the problem. What might be causing this? Is there some kind of fuse I could replace to fix this?

A: Hello. It sounds like you have a problem wi...

Hello. It sounds like you have a problem with the turn signal switch or the socket that the turn signal bulb goes into. If there is a problem with the fuse, it usually causes a problem that is not intermittent, but one that will not work at all. A shorted or damaged wire to the turn signal socket is another possible cause of your problem. To have this checked, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the turn signal and help follow through with repair.