Q: Trying to replace the brakes on my car

I am in the process of replacing the front brakes on my car, and I was wondering how do you get the clip (that looks like a wishbone) that goes into the back of the pads to stay in while you are putting the pads back in to the calipers?

A: You should have the top caliper bolt still ...

You should have the top caliper bolt still installed and the caliper should be flipped up. While holding the pads in place, against the rotor, install the two wishbone springs while holding the pads. Then, lower the caliper into place and secure the bottom bolt of the caliper. If you run into any issues, seek help from a certified mechanic who can help replace the pads for you.