Q: Trying to get power to operate heated mirrors.

I have installed towing mirrors on my 2011 F150 XLT 4x4 supercrew and do not have the button for the rear window defrost on the climate control panel. If I change the climate control to one that has the button for the rear window defrost will this then power the heated mirrors. How can I tell if my truck is pre wired for heated mirrors? If not is there some other way that I can run wires and a switch to get power to to the mirrors to get them to work and how can it be done? Dwight

My car has 61255 kilometers .

Hi there. Yes you could hook up a climate control cluster that has the rear defroster switch and wire the switch in with a slot from the fuse panel as a power on when the key is on. Then you can route the wires from the mirrors to the switch and install an inline fuse of 25 amp to secure the mirror heaters. Then you can use the switch as a toggle switch to activate your new heater mirrors. If you need further assistance with wiring up the mirror heaters circuits, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Trying to get power to operate heated mirrors.