Q: I have a Cadillac Deville 2000 I’ve replaced the Alt and battery. Yet service charging system battery not charging

asked by on November 28, 2017

I got a new alternator and battery yet i’m still getting a message on my dash that is saying service charging system ...battery not charging.

It is possible that there is a fault in the connections or grounding of the alternator. After installing a new battery, charging system output should always be directly verified, at the battery posts, against factory specifications. To have charging system output verified, please request an alternator inspection and the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will check that for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.