Q: Truck will not turn off with ignition. Alternator whines as soon as the battery is hooked up.

Put a 1993 chevrolet 350 into a 1995 chevrolet extended cab. Had a 305 in it. Got a new ignition switch check all the grounds except the ones behind the cab. I replaced the iginition switch. Everything is hooked up as it should be and I am just stumbling in a circle. I just can't figure it out.

Hi there. If the alternator is whining when the battery is hooked up, then there is a wire hooked up incorrectly in your truck on the charging and starting circuits. Check all of the wiring from the alternator to the battery and fuse box. Then check all off the wiring from the ignition switch to the starter. You may have to replace the alternator. If you need further assistance with your electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Truck will not turn off with ignition. Alternator whines as soon as the battery is hooked up.