Q: Truck ticking and stalling

I can hear a ticking sound and my truck stalls at least once a day.

A: Hello. The ticking sound could be caused by...

Hello. The ticking sound could be caused by a couple of things. The ticking could be coming from the engine, which would be an indication that a component in the internal engine has gone bad and is causing the truck to stall. It could also mean that the spark plug wires are arching and misfiring, causing a ticking noise and making the truck misfire so much that it stalls. Most likely, the misfire is the cause of the ticking and stalling. This can be fixed by doing a complete tune-up on the truck by a certified technician.

Recommended services
View price for services