Q: Truck stuck in park

My truck is stuck in park and won't shift into gear. There is a plastic piece underneath the car that keeps coming off that needs to be replaced.

A: Be sure that you are fully depressing the b...

Be sure that you are fully depressing the brake pedal when shifting out of park as there is a parking pawl in the transmission that will prevent movement off the shifter workout first setting the brake compressed. If this does not fix the issue the linkage in the shifter could be caught up or broken in some way. This will prevent shifting as well. Mechanical issues with the transmission could also cause such a problem. I recommend having a proper inspection of your car's transmission by a qualified technician to ensure proper operation of the system.