Q: Truck stops taking gas, but engine stays running

While I'm driving, my truck will suddenly kick and stop taking gas, rpms won't go past a .5, if I hit the gas while it's like this it'll go to 1, but that's it, I have to recrank it a few times for the rpms to jump, and it's starts running right again. It also idles as if it has trash in the fuel, like a mild shaking.

A: Hey there. The engine is in failure mode an...

Hey there. The engine is in failure mode and will set a code in the computer memory. You need to have the vehicle scanned to see what code may be in the computer memory. Once the code is retrieved, then the pinpoint test for the code should be done to diagnose and isolate the problem. If you'd like to have this checked, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can inspect the rough acceleration and idling issue firsthand to make the correct repairs.