Q: Truck overheating but gage is not moving and no coolant flow thru clear line univesal tank

asked by on February 25, 2018

I flushed the coolant checked the thermostat on it works also i put a universal coolant tank in the truck and there is no coolant returnin to radiator.. i put a new donut gasket on exhause cus im gettin a hot spot around that area i was wondering if this could be a bad water pump but i have no coolant leaks from head or nothing ?

You may have a clogged radiator cap so coolant can go into overflow tank and back into radiator. Check cooling fan clutch to see if it is locking up as it should.