Q: Truck keeps shutting off - 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

My truck cannot keep running. It shuts off soon after it is started up. It starts cranking and running very briefly and shuts off, as if it's not getting fuel. About ten months ago, I had the fuel pump replaced. The fuel lines between the engine and tank are replaced as well. The fuel filter is new. What else could I replace to fix this?

A: Hello. It sounds like there is a problem wi...

Hello. It sounds like there is a problem with the mass airflow sensor, in that it may be dirty or faulty. When the mass airflow sensor malfunctions it tends to cause the PCM to decrease the air/fuel mixture which may cause a stalling condition. There could also be a problem with the engine’s turbo system or the waste gate on the turbo. If the turbo starts to wear out, it could also cause the truck to stall. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection to pinpoint the cause of the stalling issue.