Q: Truck is hard starting and when it does start it shut off when you put it in gear

truck runs in park put it in drive and shut off

You need to have the fuel pressure checked to see if the fuel pressure regulator is leaking fuel into the intake which is flooding the engine out. If the fuel regulator is proven to be bad then replace it. Afterwards, run the system at about 2000 RPMs for a few minutes to clear the engine.

I’d suggest getting this looked at by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your stalling issue and help you fix it accordingly. Good luck

• Truck is hard starting and when it does start it shut off when you put it in gear