Q: Truck hesitating and pulling to one side

My truck is hesitating and pulling to one side. When I press down on the gas pedal to accelerate, the Check Engine Light starts to blink, and the truck starts to pull to one side.

A: It seems that your vehicle may be experienc...

It seems that your vehicle may be experiencing symptoms from multiple concerns: The pulling can possibly come from faulty suspension components, or a dragging brake caliper. Have a mechanic check the condition of the tires. This usually points to a faulty suspension component having an effect on tire wear. When you try to accelerate and the Check Engine Light blinks, you may be experiencing multiple engine misfires; since they are bad enough to cause the Check Engine Light to blink, it could indicate possible damage to the catalytic converter. The illumination of the Check Engine Light is usually accompanied by a readable trouble code, which points to the system in need of repair. Consider having a certified mechanic run a diagnosis to determine why your car hesitates during acceleration.