Q: Transmission whining 2004 Dodge RAM 3500

My truck makes a whining sound when I'm in neutral coming to a stop or when I press on the brake. Is something rubbing and causing this or is something broken?

Hi there - the most common feedback on this issues is that this is caused by the transmission pump when the transmission fluid filter is clogged, or the transmission fluid has degraded (burned or varnished). Check the condition of your fluid and filter to determine if these conditions may be contributing to the whine. I recommend a transmission fluid service performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and perform this maintenance task quickly, getting you back on the road.

3. Transmission whining 2004 Dodge RAM 3500