Q: Transmission swap - 1999 Chevrolet Silverado

I have a 99 Chevy Silverado 2500 I was going to swap the auto transmission to a 5 speed I found 1 but it's in a 99 Silverado 5.3 didn't know if it would work

My research indicates that only the Allison 1000 transmission had 5 speeds offered in that model year truck. If the Allison 1000 for your 4L60E is what you’re considering, the benefit is likely small (more intermediate speeds, yes), for the considerable conversion headaches (getting the engine and transmission computers to talk to each other, custom driveshaft and flanges, possible bodywork - Allison is bigger case), etc. You may have other reasons for doing this, but most of the truck communities are not overwhelming on this swap. If you do go through with the swap and need assistance, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your location to diagnose and service your car.