Q: Q: Why is my transmission slipping?

recently transmission is slipping at 40+mph, runs through other gears fine. trans fluid is full. Serviced on time, no previous problems, strong running engine. please advise? Cannot understand always cared for, never beat on. Will I lose the gear or be stranded roadside?

This may be a sign of a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. Q: Why is my transmission slipping?