Q: Transmission problems

I can not get my shifter to lock in any of the top gears which is (1,3,5) it will stay in second fourth and reverse would like to know the problem and cost to fix it?

Hello there, a few different faults will cause your 1989 Chevrolet K1500 to not lock into gears. The most common causes are the shift linkage, low fluid level, or transmission synchronize gears. With the issues shifting this vehicle should not be driven until repairs have been made. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your shifting issues and make any repairs required.

3. Transmission problems