Q: Transmission is leaking 2003 Ford Crown Victoria

My transmission is leaking and I was wondering what other transmissions can be substituted for this car. I've called basically every where near me and no one was the transmittion for a 2003 crown victoria police interceptor
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Transmissions are very "year and model...

Transmissions are very "year and model specific" due to year-to-year variances in electronic controls/PCM interface. In your case, it might not matter though. That is, if the leaks you are referring to are external leaks (e.g. from the transmission oil pan gasket's external oil seals), and your transmission is otherwise functioning normally, it will be far less expensive and much less risky for you to fix the leaks on the unit that you already have, and which you know matches and works with your car.

However, if you have internal hydraulic leaks due to failed O-rings and pistons, that is a different matter. In that event, you should rebuild your transmission although sometimes only seals and o-rings have to be replaced because the so-called hard parts (e.g., metal gears) are good. To have the problem scoped out more thoroughly, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the transmission leak, and advise you on the recommended next steps.