Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1rlxrqjjs:173:8

Q: transmission install problem

i just bought a 1999 chevy z71 for next to nothing from a young man who bought it from a friend. the transmission had gone out and he just bought another vehicle and sold this one to the young man who had a wrecked truck with the same 4l60e transmission his fathere who is a fairly decent mechanic but not very experienced with transmission attempted to install the transmission from the wrecked truck that had 90k miles on it he did not replace the torque converter and once he had transmission installed he says that he cant get it to work he says he has been under the truck while cranked and when he manually shifts the linkage into drive you can feel the truck go into gear and rpms change but he cant get any action at the driveshaft. what could this be? is it worth trying to pay a shop tohunt the problem or just have it rebuilt completely i have a friend who said he can get it done for 1500 at the shop he works at what are your suggestions or possible thoughts on the issue. thank you

A: Hello. This issue can depend on what year t...

Hello. This issue can depend on what year the truck was that the transmission came out of. These trucks may have different electronics which will make a difference. It can also be from the fact that he did not change the converter. The converters may be different causing the pump in the transmission to not work right. Without knowing the two years it will be hard to tell. If they are the same year then this transmission may be faulty and so it would need to be rebuilt. You really should have a transmission specialist take a look at this.