Q: Transmission does not give out much power while accelerating.

My boyfriend recently did a transmission fluid change and put five quarts of fluid when he changed it. Today he replaced the o2 sensors and took the computer to the vehicle and it came up with the same codes as it did when he first started the process. When he took it for a test run he felt the vehicle chugging and when he would accelerate after coming to a stop it would not give out enough power and when he would push the pedal to the floor it would not pick up and go as normal. While chugging it would seem like it would die.

A: It sounds like you may have a misfire. What...

It sounds like you may have a misfire. What are the codes that you are getting? It could be caused by ignition components or a faulty sensor like the mass air flow or throttle position sensor. Reading the codes should give you a better idea of what system needs to be checked and possibly what components need further testing. If you need help with testing, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to conduct tests in order to diagnose the acceleration problem and pinpoint any needed repairs.