Q: Transmission codes P0700 & P0711 My car decelerates from time to time and jerks. What could be the issue?

About 2 weeks ago my car went into limp mode on the expressway and started rapidly decreasing. It jerks from time to time. But drives like its in D2 or D3. What are common issues when these type of codes pop up (P0700 & P0711)

The two codes are definitely closely related to your issue inasmuch as the faults in both codes will often cause the powertrain to go into limp mode. So, you are starting with pretty "tight" clues insofar as the particular codes. Typically, P0700 will set due to a faulty transmission control module, a transmission valve body fault, shift solenoid issues, or an open or short in the wiring harness to these components. P0711 will set if the transmission fluid level is too low (due to a leak); the fluid is dirty or contaminated, the transmission is slipping (rebuilding is usual recourse), there is a damaged or defective transmission temperature sensor, or the ECM/PCM is damaged (that is rare). Start with the simple and obvious issues such as transmission fluid level and quality. If that is OK, due to the number of electrical circuits and components involved, the usual strategy is to follow the shop manual "diagnostic decision tree", in other words there is a particular order in which the many and various components are tested. To have this diagnostic applied in your circumstances, the recommended service is a Check Engine Light diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will investigate and resolve the issue. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Transmission codes P0700 & P0711 My car decelerates from time to time and jerks. What could be the issue?