Q: What other transmissions could I put in my truck?

I have a 1991 chevy k1500 4x4 and I was just wondering what other transmission I could but in it besides a 700r4???

Hi there. You could put in a 350 turbo, 400 turbo, 3L80, Turbo 200-4R, or a 4L60E with a computer conversion kit. Keep in mind, if you change out the transmission with a different transmission, the transfer case may not bolt up to it and you will have to alter the drive shaft lengths to accommodate for the shorter or longer transmissions. If you need further assistance with swapping out your transmission, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. What other transmissions could I put in my truck?