Q: Tranmission 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis

My offdrive light start the blinking on my 96 Grand Marquis and car stop pulling

Hello - your symptoms suggest a failure of the forward drum/clutch pack, not an unexpected problem with your extended mileage. Check fluid level and condition (pink and doesn’t smell burned is what you look for). I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Tranmission 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis