Q: Took my car in for a tune up and oil change. The next day the rpm's are running high, super loud, and running very hard. What can it be?

My car sounded fine and the rpms were normal , I had some temp gauge sensor issues as well as tune up and oil change and took it in to a shop. The next day my car started revving really high when I start driving I'll hit 35 mph and the rpms go to 3000 + its so loud it sounds like its going to explode .. I can also feel it running way harder than usual. It doesnt make sounds or when it idles just when i drive it..It also smells like exhaust when I start the car the smell is coming in through the vents. What can be causing this and how can I fix it.

Check the throttle plate and position sensor on the engine. When the shop performed a tune-up they could have cleaned up the throttle plate and got the throttle position sensor wet. If the sensor is wet then the engine may turn into a runaway. Check all of the sensors on the engine and make sure that they are clean and dry. If you need further assistance with your engine rpm’s running high, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Took my car in for a tune up and oil change. The next day the rpm's are running high, super loud, and running very hard. What can it be?