Q: Tires losing air

My tires keep losing air. I need them checked to see what is causing this.

If you have chrome plated wheels, corrosion can build up much easier on chrome plates than steel wheel or alloy wheels. Corrosion is also common on alloy wheels. A puncture in the sidewall of a tire is non repairable unless the puncture is inside of the tire footprint usually around 1.5 inches from the sidewall. The puncture also cannot be very large because the hole will not be able to be repaired with a plug patch that is commonly used. Also, tire pressures can be affected by vast differences in temperature. You can expect around 1 psi drop in tire pressure for every 10°F drop in temperature. If the tires haven’t been checked going into winter, the change in weather can lower your tires air enough to set off the tire pressure monitoring system. Have a mechanic or a tire shop inspect your tires if you continue experiencing air issues with your tire.