Q: Tire Sizing on a Toyota Celica

I need new tires on my Celica and the original size is 195/60/15. I was wondering if I could fit a little bit wider tires 205/60/15 on my stock rims.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The tires will fit on the stock rims, but you need to be more concerned with how the tires will fit under the wheel wells. Make some precise measurements based on your vehicle ride height and clearance. On larger vehicles with more clearance, this is less of an issue. On smaller vehicles like yours, a taller tire means less clearance and you are looking at having tire rub. This can also effect your gas mileage, but with a change this small, it may not be much. You are mostly needing to make sure you have clearance from rub, and part of that will pertain to your suspension and how your car rides. For more help with replacing the tires, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Tire Sizing on a Toyota Celica