Q: Tire drag on the front right passenger side. New calipers, everything is new on the front end

When to go to take off from either park or stopped at a stop sign the tire will drag and we can't figure out what it is. There's also a squealing noise by the caliper but I just change the caliper bleed the brakes it's some kind of grinding noise sounds like a helicopter when we get up to 55 miles per hour I thought maybe it was a warped rotor so I went bought a brand new rotor brake pads are less than 5 months old also when slowing down it sounds like a helicopter landing inside of the car.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a common...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a common sign of a failing wheel bearing. When this happens, you will normally experience a grinding sound as you describe in addition to some dragging or a sight howling noise. This can happen when the wheel bearing is worn out or dirty from debris or not greased enough. This is a crucial component on every wheel and should be repaired very soon by a professional. When a worn wheel bearing grinds for an extended amount of time, they can get very hot and, in extreme cases, catch fire. I would recommend having this repaired very soon. If you would like help with this repair, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the repair or, if needed, the replacement for you.