Q: Timing

Put new timing chain. This 1983 has been called a one year only model. It has a computer processor under drivers seat. Rotor has two contacts(funky looking) cap has 2 firing orders on it. Cap shows clockwise order but google is counterclock! 302 & 351 orders are on cap.Some call my motor a 351 modified. Googled firing order but got different order! Its not turning over fast as if starter is dragging. What is touring order for oddball motor? Picture of distributor please.

The firing order for the vehicle you described is: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8; the rotation is counter-clockwise. Number 1 on the cap is the terminal closest to cylinder 5 (rear of the cap, on the drivers side). Remember also that it is very important to put the wire to cylinder one in the correct position to start the firing order.

If this is not correctly in place, it can also cause severe running issues as it alters the ignition timing also. The ignition timing being off can definitely have an affect on the starting. If you need assistance with the ignition timing after getting everything settled, I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, help you adjust the timing if needed.