Q: Timing belt

My car will only drive in reverse , when I put it into drive it won't move I get the rpms but I won't go any where , could this be due to a bad timing belt ???

The answer to your question is no. Generally speaking, when you have a timing issue your car will shake heavily when started or not start at all. However, I’ve came across this problem in the past with a customer. I believe it is your transmission connection between your shifter and the transmission. There is a linkage that may not be moving freely and causing your car not to shift into drive properly.

If you need help with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, one of our mobile technicians can come diagnose your shifting issue to ensure it is working properly.