Q: Tickin noise when sitting on the breaks?

When I'm at a stop sign or red light for a while or at a stop, there is a ticking noise when I'm sitting on the breaks. No noise when I use the breaks to slow down or when I drive.

Hi there. In most cases when you hear a ticking noise during idle it is caused by one of three issues; low oil pressure or not enough oil in the engine, low power steering fluid or a serpentine or drive belt that is loose. Although the best way to diagnose this problem is having a professional mechanic come to your location and test drive the vehicle during a car is making a noise inspection, there are a few things you can do yourself to attempt to isolate this problem. First thing, check your engine oil and make sure it’s full. Second, check your power steering fluid and also make sure it too is full. If you complete these steps and the problem goes away; fantastic! If not, please set up an appointment to have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle.

3. Tickin noise when sitting on the breaks?