Q: Throttle pedal doesn't react after being replaced on a Renault Clio

My friend has a 230 Renault Clio, 1.2, 16-valve. He has taken the throttle and changed the new one. Now when he starts the car, it starts driving by itself and the throttle pedal doesn't react and then it just stalls.

A: They all sell French cars here in Texas. I ...

They all sell French cars here in Texas. I don't have experience with them anymore but most modern cars, when you change throttles on them, they have to be reprogramed to work. Even Fords and Chevies are like that. So if it has an electronic throttle, you're going to have to find a mechanic who can reprogram it to work for your Renault. That's just how modern cars are these days. Everything is run by computers and they have to be reprogramed when you change parts.

Unfortunately, many of them make it like a laptop that I'm talking to you on right now. They can make it perfectly fine. You plug it into the hardware, and the software is updated and the hardware is working. They can do repairs but they don't want to. They want to make it so you've got to go to them and pay them to program the thing to make it work. It's evil, but that's how they are.

If you'd like, a technician from YourMechanic can inspect your vehicle's throttle position sensor to see if they can simply replace the piece or make any other adjustments to remedy your issue.