Q: The steering wheel is hard to turn.

I recently had a power steering leak fixed, and that fluid level is fine. Someone said it could be the bushings. What are bushings and are they expensive to repair?

Hard steering can be caused by a number of issues. If the fluid leak was occurring for some time and the fluid level was constantly low, the power steering pump and steering rack could have suffered from lack of lubrication and overheating. This could cause damage to the pressure valves within the power steering pump as well as worn the rack & pinion gears within the steering rack. Suspension wise, it is more likely that worn ball joints would cause hard steering than any worn bushing would. It’s possible but less likely. It would be best and less expensive in the long run to have a certified technician look into the hard steering issue to determine the exact cause, rather than replacing parts that "may" be the cause randomly.

3. The steering wheel is hard to turn.