Q: The power steering light is always on even after replacing car battery

My power steering is always appear in my dashboard even i already replaced mg car battery!

A: Depending on the model of your engine, your...

Depending on the model of your engine, your power steering system may be electric or hydraulic. If it is hydraulic, this suggests your power steering pump may be failing or you have a leak elsewhere in one of the power steering lines. The power steering system operates on very high pressurized hydraulic pressure (in some cases as much as 300 psi). As a result, the pump works very hard to maintain the ability to assist in turning your steering wheel and, when the pump is overworked due to the rack and pinion not pumping fluid properly or potentially due to pinched fluid lines, this may cause it to leak.

Power steering leaks are fairly common, but should be looked at immediately by a qualified mechanic as power steering fluid can be flammable especially when under extreme pressure. If your system is electric, this may suggest there is an electrical problem with the system and will need to be diagnosed by a qualified mechanic. I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the power steering light is on and suggest the necessary repairs.