Q: The passenger's back door lock cannot be opened

One of the door lock mechanisms is broken on my car. The back door on the passenger's side cannot be opened. I've attempted to open it both from the outside and inside but it just wouldn't unlock. How can this be fixed?

Thanks for writing in about your 2004 Buick Rainier. Often times, in a situation like this, the only way to get it unlocked is by removing the inside door panels and physically removing the locking mechanism from the vehicle which will require the proper tools. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the door locks and make the appropriate repairs.