Q: The hatch on the vehicle will not open unless both the lever and hatch are pulled up at the same time.

On this hatch back I have to jam a piece under the trunk pop lever then go to the back and and pull up on the hatch in order to open it. I want, and am pretty sure it's possible to pull the lever once and have the truck stay open. I want to know if it's more likely to be the pneumatic springs that keep the hatch open, or a mechanical issue with the trunk latch. The pneumatic springs do a fine job keeping the hatch to stay open, but I'm sure they've not been replaced for the life of the car. So my question is, is there something easy I can tweak on the latch or, should I just get new springs?

3. The hatch on the vehicle will not open unless both the lever and hatch are pulled up at the same time.