Q: The esp/bas light and abs light came on along with my tc light, what does this mean.

I was driving my car in the rain as I do many times and all of a sudden the esp/bas light and abs light and traction control light all came on at once and has not went off. The car still performs as normal but I'm still worried and need to know what happened and what to do.

Traction Control Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Brake Assist System (BAS) work together and are also interlinked with the traction control and ABS systems. A fault in any of these systems could potentially cause all the warning lights to illuminate but the fault is probably more limited than what the the sudden appearance of so many lights might make you think. All of the foregoing systems rely on components such as wheel speed sensors, the ABS modulator, and various electronic controllers. The illumination of the warning lights mean that diagnostic trouble codes are stored. Those codes, once downloaded by the mechanic, will provide the key clues to finding, and repairing, the fault. At your request, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, can perform a traction control system/ABS system diagnostic and then let you know of the required repairs and their cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.