Q: The electronics in the car flicker after I've been driving for a while.

The headlights, speedometer backlights, radio and a few other things will flicker when I come to a stop. After I start going again it continues until I really step on the gas. I believe it is the alternator because the one in the truck is factory and the truck has 140,000 miles on it. A few times when I've been stopped at a red light, the truck will even turn off.

Hi there.

There is a loose wire or ground in your vehicle causing the lights to flicker when driving. Look for any wiring that is loose and tighten it up. Also check the battery cables and make sure that they are tight and clean.

A loose battery cable will cause the lights to flicker when the vehicle is driving in motion and bouncing on bumps in the roads.

If you need further assistance with your lights flickering, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. The electronics in the car flicker after I've been driving for a while.