Q: The car won't run for longer than 30 sec.

So I bought this starlet in the hopes of restoring it, as my first car. I'm 17 and have done everything myself. With a mediocre knowledge of how to do it. Anyway, it ran ROUGH and died VERY quickly when I first Started the project. After a couple of shots of carb cleaner, it ran, but only seemed to fire on 3 cylinders when below 1500 rpms. So I replaced all the plugs and plug wires. It now starts right up and purrs like a kitten, but it idles at about 2000 rpms at a full choke, witch is necessary to keep it running at all. After a few moments it will act like I need to ease off the choke, but as soon as I do, it begins to act starved of something, and immediately dies. But if the choke is engaged again the process will repeat. I'm simply stuck and desperately need a pros help. WHAT IS WRONG?!?!?

A: When the car will only run with the choke a...

When the car will only run with the choke applied, this suggests there is a larger fuel delivery problem.

Start by checking the fuel lines, filter, etc., to be sure they are all free of dirt or any kind of debris.

If this is not the case, you may need to adjust the idle speed at certain air/fuel mixture levels. This is done by adjusting a screw usually located on the side of the carburetor. Start with adjusting this as needed to the proper RPM level at lean idle.

Once this is achieved, then begin adjusting the air/fuel mixture to richen (Usually clockwise) to get to desired RPM level.