Q: The car runs fine some days,then other days it wont..

The car runs fine sometimes then other days ( most) it will start ,sputter then the engine will accelerate on its own then sputter again and die. Does same thing over and over again . Tried replacing air flow sensor , didn't help , also tried a new computer and again nothing. Any ideas or suggestions?. By the way on the couple days in between when it worked car ran fine.

A: Hi there. Many different faults will cause ...

Hi there. Many different faults will cause your 1999 Chevrolet Lumina to run poorly, sputter, and stall. The most common would be a vacuum leak, spark plugs, exhaust leak, oxygen sensors, cap & rotor, or distributor. To have the problem pinpointed, I recommend having a certified professional inspect the sputtering issue firsthand so that this can be taken care of properly.