Q: The car runs fine some days,then other days it wont..

The car runs fine sometimes then other days ( most) it will start ,sputter then the engine will accelerate on its own then sputter again and die. Does same thing over and over again . Tried replacing air flow sensor , didn't help , also tried a new computer and again nothing. Any ideas or suggestions?. By the way on the couple days in between when it worked car ran fine.

Hi there. Many different faults will cause your 1999 Chevrolet Lumina to run poorly, sputter, and stall. The most common would be a vacuum leak, spark plugs, exhaust leak, oxygen sensors, cap & rotor, or distributor. To have the problem pinpointed, I recommend having a certified professional inspect the sputtering issue firsthand so that this can be taken care of properly.

3. The car runs fine some days,then other days it wont..