Q: The car idle but stalls as soon as I brake at intersections .

The car idle and everything seems fine but as soon as I brake the idleing goes down to 0 and it stalls .

Hi there - first thing to check is for problem codes, even if you Check Engine Light is not illuminated. Your pre-OBD II engine still has diagnostic capabilities. A good candidate for this behavior is a dirty or stuck idle air control valve, which should be cleaned or replaced. You don’t indicate your mileage, but failure of this component, or a leaking air intake hose can cause stalling and low-speed problems. I would recommend having a Car Is Stalling Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.