Q: The car idle but stalls as soon as I brake at intersections .

The car idle and everything seems fine but as soon as I brake the idleing goes down to 0 and it stalls .

Hi there - first thing to check is for problem codes, even if you Check Engine Light is not illuminated. Your pre-OBD II engine still has diagnostic capabilities. A good candidate for this behavior is a dirty or stuck idle air control valve, which should be cleaned or replaced. You don’t indicate your mileage, but failure of this component, or a leaking air intake hose can cause stalling and low-speed problems. I would recommend having a Car Is Stalling Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. The car idle but stalls as soon as I brake at intersections .