Q: The brake lights on my 97cadillac de-elegence occasionally comes on while driving and only turns off after disconnecting the batte

The brake lights on my 97cadillac de-elegence occasionally comes on while driving and only turns off after disconnecting the battery​, I believe the switch or whatever it's called under the break pedal needs to be adjusted or replaced, but I'm no mechanic

Thank you

Hi there. You are probably correct in assuming that the brake switch under the pedal is either loose or faulty and is the source of the brake light issue. However, there are other sensors and connections that could also be triggering this warning light, so it would be best to first have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete the brake light is on inspection. This will minimize mistakes in replacing or repairing the wrong component and ensure the right repairs are completed the first time.

3. The brake lights on my 97cadillac de-elegence occasionally comes on while driving and only turns off after disconnecting the batte