Q: Steering wheel issue, side mirrors won't fold in

My car has a switch for the steering wheel, which makes it go up or down. One month ago, this stopped working correctly. It now won't go up or down. Also, I cannot get the side mirrors to fold in anymore. How can I fix this?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1999 Mercedes-Benz S420. The accessories mentioned may share a fused circuit. Common faults in some electrical systems can range from blown circuit protection or a malfunctioning device such as a broken switch. You may want to have a local expert inspect your electrical system in order to diagnose these issues.