Q: Starts off fine and runs, but when I stop if I'm not holding the gas down it cuts off and the battery dies

Starts up and drives good until I stop and get off the gas then it shuts off it will start right back up but then after 2 or 3 minutes it cuts back off the third time trying to start it the battery is dead I have went through that same process twice starts and cuts off and battery dead after 3rd start

Hello, thanks for writing in. The issues you are describing can be caused by a few things. A few common causes for stalling are issues with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. If any of the components to these symptoms are faulty or malfunctioning then they may cause performance issues and stalling. It may also be possible that the issue is wiring related, if the symptoms com and go. If the check engine light is on I would recommend scanning the computer for trouble codes, as that will likely shed some light on what the issue may be. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.

3. Starts off fine and runs, but when I stop if I'm not holding the gas down it cuts off and the battery dies