Q: Starting problems on high temperatures

My car occasionally had problems with starting up. It used to happen once in ten days or so. The car would crank but not start. However, after I had some repairs done on the car, it now has starting problems every day. I had the battery tested and it works fine. While I was repairing the flashers last week, I accidentally took out some relays, one of them probably being a fuel pump relay. I put it all back but the starting issues are worsened. It sometimes takes me up to 25 minutes to start it. After a lot of turning over, the car would eventually turn on. The starting problems occur only when the temperatures are high. It has no problems starting when it's not warm, like at night or in the morning. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Did I damage something by doing repairs myself?

Towing and the symptoms you are experiencing are probably unrelated. My guess is that your brake rotors are warped. Sometimes, wrapped rotors are more noticeable at certain speeds. This is a pretty easy fix, which can be cured with a complete brake job. To determine for certain whether rotors are the cause, I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your vehicle’s starting issue firsthand.