Q: Starting problems

asked by on March 25, 2016

My car had problems starting. The starter, alternator, and battery (which is about a month old) were all good. The code reader came back with P0345 camshaft position sensor A. Both have been replaced, and it's still not working. When started, it would sound like it wanted to start but just wouldn't catch.

Hi, there is a recall on these cars about the TIPM, or Totally Integrated Power Module. If the camshaft position codes have disappeared I would take a look at the TIPM. If the codes are still present, then there may be an issue with the signal that they are producing. I would take up the issue with your Dodge dealership as they should be able to cover all expenses as it is a recall.