Q: Starter and ignition switch

Does a defected ignition switch cause problems with the starter and various other problems to a vehicle not properly starting?

3. Starter and ignition switch

Q: Car sounds like it's choking

A choking sound is a common indicator of a engine not receiving enough fuel. In 2006 Cadillac's the fuel pumps have been known to fail prematurely. I would suggest that a properly trained technician test the fuel system pressure and...

Q: The air conditioner doesn't work only when idle, works great when moving.

Hello. The most common cause for this is a low refrigerant charge. There could be a problem with a sensor or even a wiring issue, but it is most common for there to be a minor leak in the system...

Q: The car shakes and randomly cuts off while driving. The car has steam/smoke coming from under hood.

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. If your engine light came on for the secondary air pump sensor, then it is possible that the secondary air pump (smog pump) has failed. The pump has oil in it and if...