Q: Stalling and surging

Hello, I have a 92 Jeep Cherokee Laredo, I recently have put a used engine inside that has about 70,000 miles on it and been having a problem with the whole vehicle randomly stalling when Accelerating or braking or idling, also it surges randomly. Another problem I have found is that sometimes it doesn't want to take any gas while driving on the highway and I hear a almost clicking sound. I recently replaced the fuel regulator, fuel filter, fuel pump, water pump and dont know if it may be the Mass Airflow Sensor or what. I need some advice on what may fix the problem.

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The best thing to do is to hook a scanner to your vehicle and retrieve any codes if possible. Yes, there is a very good possibility that your MAP sensor is faulty. The MAP sensor regulates fuel to air mixture and will affect the engine performance. If the MAP sensor tests good, there is a possibility that your ECM is going out and will need to be replaced. If you would like to have this addressed, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling problem and assist with repair.