Q: sqealing brakes

I just purchases my car. The former owner replaced the brakes with aftermarket ones. The car is in great condition, but the squealing is really loud and irritating. You can probably hear my car coming from a mile away. The brakes work normally, but just sound awful. Any idea what this could be?

I would guess that the last owner replaced the pads but not the rotors. They are not seated into each other and the old rotors are probably glazed really bad. The best thing I can recommend is to replace the pads and rotors as a set. This will more than likely get rid of the brake squeal you are getting. I’d recommend having the brakes checked by a qualified technician who will be able to pinpoint and fix your squealing brakes.