Q: speed cuts off when accelerator pushed. Gives code 730

on the road sometime power cuts, engine keeps running, tranny cuts power. Gives 730 code incorrect gear ratio. Is it gear changing sensor?

Hi Abe. Thanks for contacting us today. P-0730 is the OBD-II generic code for an incorrect gear ratio detected in an automatic transmission. The ratio of a combination of engine speed and throttle position and the speed of the transmission is used to determine what gear the transmission will use when driving. If there is a problem with any gear within the transmission, then the P-0730 code will appear once this ratio is calculated from the sensor data in the transmission. I would recommend reading this article, which will explain more about this code, what causes it and possible repair solutions.

3. speed cuts off when accelerator pushed. Gives code 730