Q: Sounds like front tire blows after driving 6 miles or so, loud thumping, steering very loose

If I park for an hour or so. Runs good at 35 miles an hour for maybe 10 miles. 40 miles an hour 6 miles. Last time really loud sounds like something dragging underneath. Smelled like something burning. Any ideas?

Hello. It sounds like you have an issue with a loose components in the steering. I would usually start by getting the vehicle in the air and check the front suspension and steering for any looseness. If the steering is tight then I check the tires and road force balance them. This would let me know if there are any tire issues as a separating tire will also cause this. If those are also fine then the alignment needs to be checked. There is a serious wobble that can occur in the front end of this vehicle if the alignment is off. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your to [diagnose why the vehicles steering is acting like this] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/steering-wheel-vibrates-or-shakes-inspection

3. Sounds like front tire blows after driving 6 miles or so, loud thumping, steering very loose