Q: Something is draining my battery.

I have a 2004 GMC Yukon and when I turn the motor off and open the door the radio is staying on and it's draining my battery. What could be causing this?

A: The radio should stay on if you turn off th...

The radio should stay on if you turn off the car but it shouldn't stay on as you open the door. This is the normal way the radio should function. If the radio is staying on after you open the door there is a problem with either the door not getting signal to the body module that it was opened or the body module itself is malfunctioning.

You will need to have the body module scanned and tested to see if it is getting the door's signals. Some of these GM vehicles have issues with the wire harness connections and this will cause various issues until the connection is corrected. Inspect that all of the body module connections are secure.

• Note: Do not disconnect any connector without disconnecting the battery first. You may damage a module or its pins if you do.

I'd recommend getting some assistance from a qualified technician, they will be able to diagnose your draining battery firsthand and make the appropriate repairs.